Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Zebra-Striped Hearse: Front cover


This is the first in a series I've set myself to re-imagine the covers of Ross Macdonald's Lew Archer series of detective novels. I think it's safe to say that with the exception of my dad, no one has taught me more about the important things in life than the ultra-cool Lew Archer. Where else could I have learnt how to track down missing persons, violent criminals and runaway spouses while all-the-while dispensing phlegmatic philosophies on the human condition? Nowhere I tell you. These covers are part design practice and part homage to the greatest detective novelist to ever pick up a pen.

The cover design is done in Illustrator, the elements are created in Photoshop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one. I might just have to start reading those puppies.
JW